A friend of mine is stepping down after a tour de force performance as executive director of the Crossroads Community Food Network. Could you, dear reader, fill her shoes in service of this vibrant, pioneering food organization? Or perhaps you know someone who can?
Here is the posting:
Organization: Crossroads Community Food Network
Job Opening: Executive Director
Crossroads Community Food Network (“Crossroads”), a food access non-profit based in Takoma Park, MD is seeking a half-time Executive Director to oversee and grow this small and innovative organization. The ideal candidate will have vision and creativity, experience with food systems work, success as a non-profit fundraiser, and will embrace the challenges and opportunities of leading a small and dynamic organization.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to lydiaoberholtzer[at]gmail.com. Application deadline: May 10, 2013, 5pm EDT. Read on or download the full job description.
Essential job functions include:
- Fundraising– Assumes primary responsibility for fundraising, including development of a fundraising plan, grant writing and reporting, and identifying new and diverse revenue sources.
- Partnership Building and Community Outreach- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. Builds relationships with strategic partners for strong, effective delivery of services to target populations.
- Programming- Oversees staff, planning, and implementation of community-based food access programming, including the Crossroads Farmers Market and healthy eating work in schools. Develops new areas of programming.
- Operations and Human Resource Management- Manages organization’s financial resources, including recommendation of yearly budget for Board approval, as well as prudent management and ongoing accounting. Provides Board administration and support. Ensures that the organization is in compliance with current laws and regulations. Effectively manages the human resources of the organization.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with food systems work and/or working with community-based organizations serving low-income residents.
- Experience writing and a proven record for winning grants from public (federal and local) and private grantors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of constituencies, including growers, consumers, media, government, and businesses.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize activities, and simultaneously tend to details while remaining aware of the larger picture and strategic vision
- Residence within reasonable driving distance of Takoma Park, Maryland (or willingness to relocate)
- Comfort with Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with QuickBooks, or similar accounting software
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required